You probably spend money everyday on items from shoes, food, electronics, etc. Although this may be fun, we spend way more than we probably should. Here are 5 tips on how to save money!
- Determine a want from a need: Think to yourself, “Do I really need to buy those expensive clothes?” I understand if you feel that you need new items, just don’t go overboard with it.
2. Don’t eat out all the time: Not only can this badly affect your health, but may also cause you to spend more money on your food. Just buy a few groceries and whip out a cook book. This lets you save money and also know what exactly is going into your food.
3. Keep track of your spending: Make sure that once you buy your items, you’re checking to see the total of each week/month. This helps in showing you how much money you are spending during a period of time so that you will know if you need to cut back on your spending.
4. Write a shopping list: Writing a shopping list lets you know all the things you really need to buy from the store. Make sure that you are not adding any extra items while your at the store, to prevent you from buying things you really don’t need.
5. Do price comparisons: Check out several items at different stores to see which is cheaper. For example, if a pack of apples is $3.00 at Kroger, but $4.00 at Walmart, then you would likely buy from Kroger.